Sanctuary for the Abused

Friday, December 31, 2021

Abuser Red Flags/ Victim Red Flags


ABUSER RED FLAGS/ VICTIM RED FLAGS

We believe that we have identified some of the "early warning" signs that we missed in ourselves and our abusers. Note that the abuser can be male or female; the victim can also be either male or female. Not every behavior listed below will be exhibited by a single individual. However, you may want to question your relationship if you find that a large number of these behaviors appear in yourself or your partner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abuser's Behavior
Watch out for these behaviors in your partner. Members of my support group believe that these are warning signs that this person may be an abuser. Note that the abuser can be male or female.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victim's Behavior
Watch out for these behaviors in yourself. Members of my support group believe that these are warning signs of low self esteem and behaviors that set you up to be abused.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

shared by Barbara at 12:54 AM


Share

3 Comments:

That was a very good description, Barbara! See also my blog survivingcontrollingselfishmen@blogspot.com. Many of these men are Narcissists. They either have Narcissistic Personality Disorders or narcissistic tendencies. Surviving them by getting away is critical, as I know from personal experience.
Thanks for writing this!
Pat

1:17 PM  

Oh my gosh. I look at "victim's behavior", and think repeatedly this is me!
Thanks for writing this. I'll be sure to keep reading this blog.

10:27 AM  

http://myemotionalabuse.blogspot.com/

This is my blog about my experiences with my in-laws. It helps to read others' experiences and opinions because it's nice to know that you're not alone. Anyone and everyone is welcome to read.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home